County Road 152 (known as Osseo Road, 44th Avenue, and Webber Parkway in North Minneapolis) is set for full reconstruction in the coming years. The project will launch in 2020 with reconstruction of the road beginning at 44th & Penn and moving east down Webber Parkway and south on Lyndale. Reconstruction of County Road 152 west of Penn Avenue is anticipated to begin in 2023.
The 2020 project scope includeds, but is not limited to, the following:
- Pedestrian improvements, such as Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant ramps and sidewalk Accessible Pedestrian Signals (APS), durable crosswalk markings and countdown timers.
- Bicycle improvements, such as a new dedicated bicycle facility and wayfinding signage for the Grand Rounds Scenic Bikeway System.
- Transit improvements, such as enhanced bus shelters and wayfinding signage.
- Streetscaping elements, such as removing unnecessary retaining walls and the installation of a boulevard, ornamental fencing and lighting.
- Safety improvements, such as additional dedicated turn lanes, new traffic signal mast arms, additional primary traffic signal indications and as the removal of unwarranted traffic signals where data and engineering can support them.
- Roadway improvements such as the replacement of the deteriorated curbs and gutters, storm sewer structures, and pavement substructure.
Residents are encouraged to help Hennepin County redesign County Road 152 by sharing their ideas on how road improvements can best meet community needs. Join project managers for a community input meeting or stay engaged by following the project on Facebook. Follow this link to view the project website.
Project Kickoff Open House
Tuesday, June 19
5-7pm, 6pm Program
Webber Park Recreation Center
4400 Dupont Avenue North