The Victory Neighborhood Association (ViNA) is now accepting applications for the newly established program coordinator position. ViNA operates a number of programs which address housing, safety, and general livability concerns of the neighborhood’s residents and this position will oversee the administrative and programmatic functions of those programs. The programs include Youth Corps which connects neighborhood seniors in need of lawn care assistance with neighborhood youth in need of paid work; the block leader initiative which recruits, trains, and supports block leaders to build community on their blocks; and rebate and grant programs which assist neighbors in purchasing and/or improving their homes.
It is anticipated that this position will work approximately 28 hours per two-week pay period through December, 2019, with the possibility of extension beyond that date. Work hours may be tailored to the employee’s needs, but a schedule must be pre-determined with her or his supervisor. Semi-regular attendance at evening meetings and weekend events is required. Pay scale starts at $20 per hour.
- Build and grow positive relationships with Victory’s homeowners, renters, and other stakeholders
- Serve as the point person between Victory residents, block leaders, and City of Minneapolis staff on issues pertaining to housing and safety
- Develop and implement an outreach plan to promote programs to neighborhood stakeholders
- Review and process applications for the organization’s home improvement, home security, and home purchasing assistance programs.
- Develop program systems, processes, and supporting materials that result in optimal service delivery
- In partnership with leadership, monitor program fund balances, maintain program files, and develop funder reimbursement documentation and reports as needed
- Serve as a staff liaison to the organization’s volunteer Livability Committee
- Coordinate trainings, workshops, and listening sessions for stakeholders covering housing and safety issues
- Monitor ongoing housing and safety needs of residents and develop solutions to address those needs
- Stay abreast of best practices and trends in addressing housing and safety issues by reviewing reports and attending community meetings.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to support housing and safety activities
- A commitment to inclusivity and experience working with racially, economically, and generationally diverse communities.
- Experience managing outreach channels, including social media and door-to-door canvassing
- Knowledge of or ability to learn City of Minneapolis building and permitting requirements
- Self-starter, ability to work as part of a team, and ability to thrive in a small office environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an administrative setting and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Experience working in or with the Minneapolis neighborhood sector (preferred)
- Knowledge of local real estate markets (preferred)
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to the Victory Neighborhood Association at email@example.com or mail to 2200 44th Avenue North, Minneapolis, 55412 by Sunday, April 22, 2018.