Within this section you will find a list of resources to help our residents and prospective residents get the most out of life in Victory.
- Loring Elementary (K-5)
Principal Ryan Gibbs
2600 44th Avenue North
- Olson Middle School (5-8)
Principal Steven Emerson
1607 51st Avenue North
- Patrick Henry High School
Principal Yusuf Abdullah
4320 Newton Avenue North
- PLTW Engineering
- College Prep
- International Baccalaureate Program
A variety of magnet programs are available in other northside schools. For information on these programs and schools contact the Minneapolis Public Schools at 612-668-0000 or visit the website: www.mpls.k12.mn.us
- Victory Park (44th and Upton Avenue North) – Adjacent to Loring School, Victory Park has a playground, wading pool, tennis court, basketball, and baseball diamond. The pergola in the center of the park is a gathering spot for the annual Ice Cream Social as well as other events.
- Victory Memorial Drive – At 3.8 miles, the tree-lined Victory Memorial Drive is the defining feature of Victory. Part of the Grand Rounds parkway and trail system, the Drive is a memorial to the Hennepin County veterans killed in World War I. Over 1200 American elm trees were planted on the Drive, with 568 of them dedicated to individual veterans honored by a plaque set at the base of each tree. The Drive and the Victory Memorial flagpole was dedicated in 1921. Several years later, remaining Minnesota veterans of the Grand Army of the Republic erected a statue of President Abraham Lincoln across the Drive from the flagpole as a memorial to Minnesotans who served in the Civil War.
- Ryan Lake Park (46th and Xerxes Avenue North) – The only lake on the North side, the 18 acre Ryan Lake is the last lake on the chain of Twin Lakes. While much of the lake is shallow, parts of the lake are as deep as 30 feet, providing good fish habitat. A new DNR fishing dock at the lakeshore provides access for anglers. ViNA is undertaking an ongoing project to restore the shoreline with native plants and to construct a bike/walking path along the shoreline, through the woods, and under the Osseo Road overpass to the proposed Victory Prairie. Ryan Lake Park became an official park of the Minneapolis Park system in July of 2014.
- Webber Park (4400 Dupont Avenue North) – The nearest Recreational Center is at Webber Park in the Camden-Webber neighborhood. Webber Park boasts a rec center with year-round activities, pool, several tennis courts, picnic facilities, a pond (with skating in the winter), and trails along Shingle Creek. The Webber Library is also located at the park. Webber Park hosts the Homework Helper Program that was formerly at Webber Park Library. Monday – Thursday from 3 – 6 pm elementary school, middle school and high school students can get step by step help with any subject or assignment from friendly tutors.
For more information on Minneapolis Parks go to www.minneapolisparks.org.
- Webber Library (4310 Webber Parkway) – The Webber Library is an important community gathering place. The previously shuttered library was reopened in January of 2008 after the merger of Minneapolis and Hennepin County Libraries. Webber Park Library now has 12 public computers, doubling its previous total, as well as new materials in all formats, reorganized collections for easier access and a new staff and is open Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:00 – 8:00 pm and Saturdays 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- North Regional Library (1315 Lowry Avenue North) – The North Regional Library is newly remodeled and updated and is open Tuesday and Thursday from 12 noon to 8:00 pm, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and Sunday from 12 noon to 5:00 pm.
- Brookdale Library (6125 Shingle Creek Parkway, Brooklyn Center) – Remodeled in 2004, the Brookdale Library at the Brookdale Hennepin County Service Center has a Job and Career Information Center, meeting rooms, computer lab, and over 150 public computer workstations.
For more information go to www.hclib.org.
Churches located in Victory Neighborhood include:
- Faith Baptist Church
4350 Russell Avenue North
- St. Austin’s Catholic Church
4050 Upton Avenue
- Christ Gospel Church
3800 Russell Avenue North
- United Christian Fellowship Church
4300 Queen Avenue North
Other Churches in the area are:
- Salem Lutheran Church
4150 Dupont Avenue North
- Luther Memorial Church
3751 Sheridan Avenue
- North United Methodist
4350 Fremont Ave
- Gethsemane Lutheran Church
4656 Colfax Avenue
- Calvary Presbyterian Church
3700 Bryant Avenue
- Our Lady of Victory Catholic
5155 Emerson Avenue
- St. Bridget’s Catholic Church
3811 Emerson Avenue
Many Victory Residents are served by the North Memorial Clinic at 4209 Webber Parkway.
- City of Minneapolis
- Hennepin County
- Mississippi Corridor Neighborhood Coalition
- Call 3-1-1 for:
- Answers to any question about the city
- Reporting broken parking meters, streetlights, housing inspections and other situations that need the attention of City workers.
- Getting help with permits or licenses
- Hours 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday – Friday
- The three digit number can be called from anywhere within Minneapolis, even on cell phones
- People outside Minneapolis city limits can reach 311 by calling 612-673-3000